It’s About Time We Introduced Ourselves

The journey to glowing and healthy skin is different for everyone. And because there's no one-fits-all solution, it's About Time We Met.

About Time We Met is your skin's new best friend - clean, inclusive, Australian-made skincare combining nature and science for powerful results. We take a curious, open-minded approach to skincare, using only premium natural ingredients for products and routines that are simple, uncomplicated, and efficacious to bring out your inner glow.

The magic behind these formulations? Indian Sandalwood (Santalum album), an impressive active and all-natural ingredient with proven efficacy. We wish we could tell you we found sandalwood first, but as one of the most luxurious essential oils in the world, it was discovered millennia ago and is now making a comeback thanks to modern science.

Sandalwood, Our Hero

Used for prayer, meditation, healing, and relaxation since ancient times, today, millions of people have a spiritual connection to sandalwood. It has a rich history as an active skincare ingredient that treats skin conditions, from dull skin tone and fine lines to breakouts and blemishes. It's why this precious and efficacious ingredient is our holy grail ingredient. We combine it with the best high-performance, active ingredients, so our formulas provide potent results and healthy, glowing skin.

piece of sandalwood, About time we met's hero ingredient

Like An Old Friend

One of our first known beauty icons, Cleopatra, was said to rave about sandalwood, marvelling at its glow-inducing effect and using it as part of her daily skin routine. Today, we use this royally precious ingredient to combat damage caused by blue light and pollution, reduce the appearance of breakouts and blemishes, minimise fine lines, brighten skin tone, and soothe skin. Sandalwood is what makes each About Time We Met product an effortless solution for all skin types. 

three friends who use About time we met products enjoying their time in nature

An Inclusive Range

Confidence can come from feeling comfortable in your skin, so these products are formulated for you, your sisters, brothers, mothers, fathers and friends. Each product is uncomplicated and all-natural making it beneficial no matter what your skin type - combo, oily, or dry. Blemishes are reduced with regular use of our Foaming Cleanser, Repair Serum and AHA Clay Mask, and our sandalwood-powered Glow Day Cream, Radiance Serum, Naturally Brilliant Oil and Restore Night Cream are great for plumping and smoothing skin.

Super-Duper Healthy

Skin is your body's largest organ and absorbs whatever you put on it, so what is left out of these products is just as important as what is put into them. You won't find any fillers, silicones, drying alcohols, fragrances, dyes, parabens, GMOs, sulfate, phthalates, or talc. Just healthy, skin-loving ingredients that are good for you and great for your skin. An impressive eight of these nine products are at least 99% natural. The remaining 1% comprises a preservative system that makes sure our products and your skin are safe from harmful bacteria. While natural preservatives are available, we're still searching for the one that is as effective as phenoxyethanol, found naturally in green tea and chicory, but is recreated in a lab as a synthetic suitable for skincare products. We'll let you know when we find it.

Being Real

About Time We Met are not only obsessed with natural ingredients; they love your face in all its natural, imperfect glory. Social media has seen comparison standards become more extreme and unrealistic. Zoom features like 'touch up my appearance' offer a flawless complexion and editing apps such as FaceTune report over one million edited images exported daily. Because your skin has its very own emotional life, every act of care, love, laughter, and stress you encounter shows on your face. They believe well-being and beautiful skin go hand in hand, so no matter your age, we're here to help. That's what friends are for.

group of happy people from different backgrounds who use About time we met products

Friends In High Places

About Time We Met are dinky-di Australian, dermatologically tested and vegan, and our products are PETA-certified cruelty-free. This means that neither they, nor their ingredient suppliers, conduct, commission, or pay for any tests on animals and promise we won’t do in the future. This includes their ingredients, formulations, or finished products worldwide. We are working towards a more sustainable future, and have taken steps to provide recycled packaging and solutions that are recognised by the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisations (APCO) and the Australasian Recycling Labelling Program (ARL).

Welcome to About Time We Met.